NYC BigApps is an initiative of NYCEDC to promote the creation of innovative new civic technologies through a city-wide technology competition. The Mayor, the First Lady, and numerous city agencies have sponsored BigIdeas with the goal of stimulating the tech community to create apps that improve the lives of New Yorkers.
The NYCDOE’s iZone is leading the Learn Track for apps that support education at all ages. Find more information and apply for Only Connect! and FundaMental Health.
Submissions were due July 12th. Learn more by visiting the BigApps website.
- Saturday May 31st CityCamp & National Day of Civic Hacking. We’ll have experts from across city agencies demo + Q&A on education data
- Thursday June 5th ‘Appy Hour Manhattan We invite the whole BigApps community to get better acquainted and break the ice before we build.
- Saturday Jun 7th BigBuild Manhattan Drill down on your product’s purpose, code, and design. Come tinker with Google Glass enthusiasts, recruit new teammates, get inspired by Hardware Experts, and visit the BigApps Mentor Station to tap into the expertise of the sharpest minds in tech.
- Thursday June 19th ‘Appy Hour Queens: Getting to Beta Form teams, share ideas, and mingle with BigIdea partners and other sponsors
- Saturday June 21st BigBuild Queens: Perfecting Your Product You know the drill: build, test, repeat.
- Saturday July 19th – Product Showcase The first-ever BigApps Product Showcase is where we introduce BigApps to the world.