Blended Learning is an instructional model that combines the best of teacher-led instruction with the smart use of technology. The iZone supports a community of over 250 schools dedicated to implementing blended learning, and created the Blended Learning Institute to support educators in leading this innovation.
The Blended Learning Institute’s Computer Science Track will expose participants to blended learning tools and strategies that support effective computer science instruction, including but not limited to how blended learning:
- Provides students online access to instructional resources on computer science topics
- Allows students to collaborate and communicate online
- Leverages open education resources to support instruction of computer science concepts
- Shifts the classroom to a student-centered environment
- Supports hands-on learning (on or offline)